Der leckere Käsekuchen von Muenster...

I decided to write something different this time...I have a HUGE sweet tooth! My favorites are chocolate & carrot flavored cakes, I don't usually like cheesecake that much tho ..I always think that unlike bread & cheese, cake and cheese don't fit well! But, not in Germany...I found that the cheesecakes in Germany (or Käsekuchen) are quite different from other cheesecakes I have had before... I have been told that Käsekuchen is made with quark cheese instead of cream cheese - a good alternative to get rid of some extra calories ;) Here are some short reviews about Käsekuchen from few bakeries around Muenster:

Schrunz Bäckerei
Not as good as a cheesecake that is baked fresh daily; the cream was way too sweet and not fluffy...don't like the thin 'jelly' layer on the top of the cheese cake.
Price : 1.20 EUR
Rating : 3 stars







Essmann
The cheese cake was creamy, light and not too sweet..tasted great! I would have preferred not to have the sugary crust on the top of the cake.
Price: 1.40 EUR
Rating : 4 stars








Leusig (Kappenberger Damm 15)
Probably my favorite out of all I tried. Unlike other cheese cakes which come with a very thin sponge cake layer spread with cheese filling, this cheese cake was perfectly balanced with creamy filling and sponge cake layers. It tasted really fresh, like homemade! Again, I would have preferred not to have the icing sugar...
Price: 1.30 EUR
Rating : 4.5 stars
Note: The bakery offers cheese cakes only on Tuesdays and Fridays...;)


Cibaria Vollkornbäckerei (Bremer Str 56)
The good point is the cheese cake was made with organic ingredients. However, it is not my preferred cheesecake. I found the cheesecake filling to be a bit dry ('powdery') and heavy..
Price: 1.80 EUR
Rating : 2.5 stars







Floyd Coffee Lounge
A decent, not too sweet cheesecake with a thin bottom layer. I probably would not buy it again, as I found it to be over priced and the portion was very small.
Price: 1.15 EUR
Rating : 3.5 stars







Effings Backstube GbR Inh. Ralf Rötters
The bakery products are also available at the Muenster farmer's market. The cheese cake tasted rich, creamy and not too sweet! If you like a very thin sponge layer with much cheese filling, then this is probably the best option. Note that the baker sells only the half-cake or the whole cake. The price is unbeatable, just 5.00 EUR for the whole cake..wu-hooo...!
Rating : 4.0 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment